Vietnam & Laos Explorer - Gold Accommodation - 2017
Small group tour
15 days -
From £3710* PP
A journey through Vietnam and Laos will leave you energised and inspired. Encounter welcoming people throughout, including Buddhist monks in Luang Prabang. Uncover the vibrant cities of Saigon and Hanoi, explore historical Hoi An and Hue, then unwind on the banks of the Mekong in Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Take in the region's breathtaking scenery, from mountainous regions to river life and sparkling bays.
- 13 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night cruise accommodation
- breakfast daily
- 5 lunches and 4 dinners
- 4 internal flights within Asia
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles (except electric trolley in Luang Prabang)
- small group touring
- entrance fees
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travellers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers
Prices and Departures
Per person from:
Per person from:
Per person from:
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAYS 1-3: SAIGON & MEKONG DELTA, VIETNAM
Arrive in Saigon and enjoy a welcome drink and tour briefing with your group. Gain an insight into the resilience of the Vietnamese people as you investigate the amazing Cu Chi tunnels before wandering along the city's historic Dong Khoi Street. Embark on a city tour, taking in sites including the Notre Dame Cathedral and War Remnants Museum. Wind your way through the canals of the Mekong Delta and visit local orchards.
Hotel: Renaissance Riverside Hotel
DAYS 4-6:HUE & HOI AN
Fly north to Hue and discover its historic sites, including the Citadel and the Thien Mu Pagoda, before a visit to the Spiral Foundation. A spectacular drive brings you to Hoi An. Stop at traditional houses and temples, and see the iconic Japanese Bridge on a walking tour. Enjoy a free day in Hoi An for shopping and further exploration.
Hotel: La Residence Hotel & Spa
Hotel: Almanity Hoi An
DAYS 7-9: HALONG BAY & HANOI
Fly from Danang to Haiphong. Relax on a delightful drive to Halong Bay for your overnight cruise. Unwind as you cruise the bay, feasting on a delicious seafood lunch on board. Continue on to Hanoi, and enjoy a delightful water puppet performance. Visit the ancient Temple of Literature and 'Hanoi Hilton' prison before enjoying a group dinner.
Hotel: Overnight boat
Hotel: Melia Hotel
DAYS 10-11: VIENTIANE, LAOS
Fly to the Lao capital, Vientiane. Taste traditional Lao coffee at a local coffee shop in the morning, and then explore famous landmarks, such as the COPE Centre, Wat Pha That Luang and the Patuxai Monument. Discover the art of Lao silk weaving during your visit to a weaving centre in an old French villa, and late afternoon receive a unique welcome at a traditional Lao Baci ceremony in a local home.
Hotel: Settha Palace
DAYS 12-15: LUANG PRABANG & PAK OU CAVES
A short flight brings you to the fabled riverside town of Luang Prabang. Take a walking tour of beautiful Wat Mai and the Royal Palace, then participate in a fun cooking class in a beautiful rural setting. The next day, savour a traditional Lao breakfast and French coffee at an eatery frequented by your guide. Explore the town's famous sites on foot, including Xieng Thong and the Royal Palace. A boat trip to Pak Ou Caves unveils a vast collection of Buddha sculptures spanning many centuries. Return to Luang Prabang for free time. Rise early to witness the ancient ritual of local monks collecting alms at dawn, then visit a morning market. Visit the scenic Kuang Si Falls and learn the art of making sticky rice and grilled chicken – your own picnic lunch. End with a game of petanque and sunset drinks. Enjoy a farewell dinner before departing the next day.
Hotel: Maison Souvannaphoum
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.