Insider Journeys, Business Development Managers, North and South UK
We are looking for sales individuals with on the road experience in the travel industry who are keen to specialise in Asia, with a particular focus on Indochina and our flagship Small Group Journey product. You will be responsible for driving travel agent sales through commercial focus, agency support, training development and incentives. Additional responsibilities will include initiating and managing marketing campaigns and sourcing growth opportunities for Insider Journeys (formerly Travel Indochina).
- To manage and develop relationships with key decision makers at agency and head office level
- To maintain a commercial focus to identify and maximise gains from all sales opportunities whilst achieving and exceeding sales, revenue and passenger targets
- To coordinate and implement call plans for all agents in area and manage data within the CRM system
- To ensure that all agents are equipped for productive and successful sales activities by conducting regular product and destination training and updates
- To ensure high levels of agent awareness of Insider Journeys products and destinations through training, calls, webinars, social media, agent evenings and other events and activities
- To ensure Insider Journeys is front of mind for Asia enquiry with preferred agents
- To promote all Insider Journeys special deals, promotions, and incentives
- To manage a sales and marketing budget for individual marketing activity and incentives for key agents and record return on investment for all activity
- To represent Insider Journeys at travel shows, travel functions, industry conferences, and other events
- To manage and resolve any agent booking/service problems or complaints
- To escort and manage educational trips to Asia.
Geographical Area of Responsibility
The North role will be responsible for Birmingham and the region north of Birmingham; the South role will be responsible for the region south of Birmingham.
You will have travel industry experience, a proven track record in agency sales, commercial awareness and a passion for and/or have travelled to the region. Excellent time management, organisational, presentation and training skills are essential. Reporting into the General Manager in Oxford, the role includes extensive UK and some Asia travel. In return there will be a competitive salary package and benefits.
Please apply by email with a covering letter, attaching your CV and your current salary to Lesley Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org