Discover one of the world’s most popular icons in images.
The Taj Mahal in India is probably one of the most photographed icons in the world. We have collected 14 of our favourite images of this beautiful monument to love.
1. Woman and the Taj Mahal
Woman walks with her goat near the Taj Mahal
2. Full moon over the Taj Mahal
During the full moon, a limited number of travellers can visit the Taj Mahal after dark.
3. White Marble Taj Mahal glistens in the sun
The Taj Mahal is famous for its glistening white marble facade.
4. Golden sun reflecting off the Taj Mahal
Golden sun reflecting off the intricate Taj Mahal by Eric Finley
5. Reflection pool at the Taj Mahal
There is a long pool on the north-south axis that reflects the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
6. Taj Mahal in the mist at dawn
The Taj Mahal is often shrouded in mist, especially in winter at dawn
7. Birds flying over the Taj Mahal
Birds flying over the Taj Mahal by Ian Richards
8. Flowers frame the Taj Mahal at sunset
Flowers frame the Taj Mahal at sunset
9. Reflection of the Taj Mahal on the Yamuna River
The Yamuna River creates a perfect reflection of the Taj Mahal
10. Taj Mahal on the Yumana River
The Taj Mahal sits on the west bank of the Yumana River, which flows to the sacred Ganges
11. The sun peeks through the Taj Mahal turrets
The sun first rays peek through the turrets of the Taj Mahal by Chris Bryan
12. Retro style Taj Mahal image
The changing colours of the Taj Mahal in India
13. Changing colours of the Taj Mahal
Changing colours of the Taj Mahal
14. black and white Taj Mahal through archway
Photo by Insider Journeys traveller Marc Branson